Monday, April 16, 2007

WILL MY BABY LOOK SCAREY IF I COME TOO EARLY?

At Little Bo Peep we recommend a 3D ultrasound between 27 and 32 weeks, with 30 weeks being the most ideal.

I often get asked "my mother is coming from out of state" or "it's my husbands birthday". In response to that a 3D ultrasound is always cute. The earlier you come the more of the whole baby you see at one time. The face is developed at 16 weeks except it is not really big. Baby is just skin and bones. You will see cute little punches and kicks, but you will not see close up face shots. You will be able to tell it's a fetus as early as 12 weeks, and not a fuzzy black and white blob.

I always recommend waiting for your 3D ultrasound pictures, but if you simply can not then early is better than never.

No comments: